Health Services

Safety First

BSA Health & Medical Records

All youth and adults attending Tomahawk must have a completed Long Term BSA Health and Medical Record on file with the Health Director.

National BSA policy requires that each participant, regardless of age, uses the same form and has it completed annually by a medical professional. The camp physical has provided early detection of potential problems and valuable information needed in case of an emergency. It has helped make camp a safer place. 

We strongly recommend that all health forms be collected by the unit leader at least two weeks prior to camp, to ensure that all campers have a completed form.

Who needs part c?

Anyone at camp for 72 hours or more need to have part C of the health form completed. Anyone at camp for any amount of time less than this only needs part A and B completed. 

How long are health forms good for?

Health forms are valid through the end of the 12th month from the date it was administered by your medical provider. For example, a physical administered December 3, 2019, would be valid until December 31, 2020.

Bring a copy. Do not send the originals to camp 

Wisconsin State Law requires Tomahawk to keep a copy of every participant's health form for two years. For this reason please come prepared with a photocopy of the health for our records. 

where to get a camp physical?

The first thing would be to check with your primary medical provider about setting up a physical for camp. Other quick clinics such as Minute Clinic at CVS and Walgreens Health Services also provide services for Camp Physicals. 

Medical Services

Minor first aid can be handled by your troop or crew with your unit’s first aid kit. Other injuries or illnesses can be referred to the camp staff. Although medical services are available 24 hours a day, please limit non-emergency visits to the Health Director to those times in the morning and evening designated for “sick call.” In an emergency situation, please have a staff member in your camp help you contact the Health Director for assistance and relay relevant information.

Parents, or guardians, will be notified of a camper illness or injury if it requires a trip to town. There is no charge for medical services performed in camp for Scouts and leaders, except for certain medical supplies.

All campers needing services performed in town at the hospital/ clinic are required to handle payments through the unit or family insurance policy.

Family Island campers will receive medical treatment only in an emergency situation. Other medical issues will be referred to the local hospital/clinic.

Sick Call Times

Morning: 9:30 am to 10:30 am

Evening: 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm


All non-emergency medications that need to be taken by any Scout at camp must be administered by a designated adult leader. This leader can be an assistant Scoutmaster, Scoutmaster or parent. Emergency medication like an inhaler or Epi-pen should be with the Scout at all times. Tomahawk can store some medications that need refrigeration.

Medications must be in their original container with the camper’s name, the name of the medication, dose, frequency and the physician’s name. Please send a supply for 8 days, not the whole bottle. The dose and frequency on the bottle will be followed, so please ensure that all bottles convey the correct information.

Medications must be stored in a secure area and out of reach of Scouts. Units must have a lock-box or a system in place to secure medications. If you do not have a way to secure medications in the campsite, Tomahawk can provide you a lock box for purchase. Units are required to record medications using the provided medication log book. 

Health Services

Printable Version Printable Version

Email to a friend Email to a friend