Adult Leader Merit Badge
Do you count yourself among the best leaders? Can you chug boiling hot coffee straight from the fire? Most importantly do you know how to nap? If you answered yes to any of these check out the Scout Leader Merit Badge!
What is the scout leader merit badge
The Scout Leader Merit Badge, is a badge adult leaders can earn while at camp by doing various activities and participating in program with their Scouts.
how do I earn it?
Grab a requirement sheet from your commissioner and complete the Following:
1. Have at least one leader from your Unit attend every round-table meeting
2. Make sure all unit vehicles are parked in designated spaces
3. Complete Four of the Following
- Perform a skit with your Unit at a campfire
- Participate in a board of review
- Meet a Scoutmaster from another Unit
- Participate in the Brownsea Program
- Attend Chapel Service with your Unit
4. Keep your cool all week. have your SPL check your progress.
5. Teach a first year Scout a new skill and learn something about this Scout
6. Complete four of the following
- Outpost Hike
- Polar Bear Swim (Jump In)
- Belay at the Climbing Tower
- Play disc golf or test your skill on the golf driving range
- Complete a service project with your unit
- Climb the Fire Tower
- Climb a Climbing Tower
7. Complete one of the Following
- Safe Swim Defense/Safety Afloat
- Volunteer to help Scouts during two hours of merit badge sessions
- Attend a Leave no Trace Awareness Workshop
8. Attend three troop activities with your troop
9. Signature of Commissioner
10. Signature of Camp Director