Minimum Unit Requirements
Everything your Unit Must Provide
You will want to double check that your unit has these items line up. If you're having trouble finding adult leadership, connect with Tomahawk and wie will help troubleshoot. Many times, we're able to pair your Scouts with another unit.
- Two registered adult leaders 21 years of age or over are required at all Scouting activities, including meetings. There must be a registered female adult leader 21 years of age or over in every unit serving females. A registered adult leader 21 years or over must be present for any activity involving female youth. Notwithstanding the minimum leader requirements, age-- and program-appropriate supervision must always be provided.
- All adults accompanying a Scouting Unit who are present at the activity for 72 total hours or more must be registered as leaders. The 72 hours need not be consecutive.
- All adults must have completed Youth Protection Training
- Units not from Northern Star Scouting, BSA must provide proof of medical and accident insurance. This insurance is secondary to individual family insurances. Proof must Include:
- Policy Number / Certificate number / ID insurance
- First Notice of claim form
- All participants must have an annual physical. Please see Health Services for more information.