Apostle Island Sea Kayaking
This program will find you paddling among the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore in Lake Superior! Participants spend 5 days on the water and 4 nights on islands. Your trek will begin with an orientation to kayaking skills and include tours of the spectacular sea caves.
Start Your Registration
- Participants will have the opportunity to earn the Kayaking BSA activity patch.
- A comprehensive medical examination is required for all participants because of the higher level of activities. This involves a physician’s visit within one year.
- Participants should purchase a set of wetshoes/booties to protect their feet and ankles.
- Participants should be able to fit all of their gear in a five gallon bucket. Dry bags are provided.
- Remember, it can be colder on the water and conditions can change quickly so it is important that you bring everything on the list. Cotton clothing is highly discouraged. Wool or synthetic fabrics will keep you warmer, dryer and more comfortable.
First come first served. Opens December 15th. To register you will not use the SCMS like other programs.
Adults are not required to attend alongside youth unless female youth are participating. Female youth need a registered female adult leader to attend with them.