To offer a course we must have at least 6 people signed up before June 1st. This course is offered by a volunteer in the local area. They have a limited amount of time they can spend offering the course to camp. We cannot offer this training every week. The First 3 sessions that have 6 or more people signed up before June 1st will be selected to be offered. The course will not be available week 6 or week 7 of camp.
To provide individuals a foundation of first aid principles and skills to be able to respond to emergencies and give care in areas that do not have immediate emergency medical services (EMS) response. This includes wilderness and remote environments, including urban disasters, such as earthquakes and hurricanes.
• Possess current adult CPR/AED certification
• Be at least 14 years of age on or before the last scheduled session of the course
• Attend all class sessions
• Participate in all skill sessions and activities
• Demonstrate competency in all observable skills
• Complete the scenarios
• If certification required by employer or organization, pass the optional final written exam with a minimum grade of 80 percent
Certificate Issued and Validity Period
Wilderness and Remote First Aid: 2 years
$130.00 includes materials, training supplies, and American Red Cross Certification fee. The fee will be billed to your Unit's account while at camp.
The Training will be held in the White Pine Program Building. Adults from Chippewa and Sioux are welcome to attend.