Reserving a campsite is the first step in securing your troop or crew a spot at Tomahawk.
Picking a Campsite
Review the Campsite Availability Chart, located in the related content box, to see what campsites are still available. The chart shows each campsite along the left side and the different weeks of camp with dates across the top. If you don't see a troop or crew number in a space it is currently available. Campsite capacities are located next to the campsite name. Please review the sub-camp maps to locate where campsites are. Google street views are available for some campsites.
View Campsite Details
HOW TO RESERVE A CAMPSITE
Complete the Campsite Reservation Form and mail it with deposit to:
Northern Scout Scouting
Tomahawk Scout Reservation
6202 Bloomington Road
Fort Snelling, MN 55111
How much does it cost to Reserve a CAmpsite?
There is a $100 non-refundable deposit for each campsite reserved.
When can I Reserve a Campsite for Summer 2020?
Returning Tomahawk Troops/Crews
- Returning Tomahawk troops/crews have the first chance to reserve a campsite. From January 1, 2019 to May 1, 2019 Troops with a 2019 campsite reservation have the opportunity to put down a deposit on the same campsite for summer 2020. The reservation must be for the same week in 2020 as their reservation for 2019.
- Units who wish to change sites, will have their 2020 campsite reservation placed after returning units have been placed. This will be completed by May 5, 2019.
Troops/Crews that haven't camped at Tomahawk within the last year
- Troops or Crews not attending Many Point or Tomahawk in 2019, will have their 2020 campsite reservation placed after returning units have been placed. This will be completed by May 5, 2019.
- If more than one new unit, or a unit changing sites, wants the same campsite a lottery will be held on May 5, 2019 to place the units.
- Our goal is to be available to all Scouts who wish to enjoy our summer camp experience. As such, units bringing less than 50% of their campsite capacity may be required to share their campsite in the event that campsites in a sub-camp are full. Units unwilling to share when asked will be charged a minimum of 50% of the campsite capacity in Scout fees.
Can Troops/Crews share CAmpsites?
Yes, all we need is an email from both troops or crews confirming that they are willing to share with each other. We ask that troops or crews both complete a reservation form.
Confirming your reservation
You will have received an email from SCMS@northernstar.org confirming your reservation.
- Go to the SCMS Website
- Enter your computer generated username and password. (provided in separate email)
- Review the information in SCMS
- Check to ensure your "Current Reservation" is accurate
- Click on "View Account Info" to see your deposit credited to your unit account.
- Click on "Prepare for Camp" to see where to enter unit roster, register for merit badges, and older Scout programs.
- Feel free to use "Change my Password" to something you can readily remember.