The Tomahawk troop Award is designed as a tool to assist Scouts and adult Troop/Crew leaders in building the qulaity and carachter of their Troop/Crew and its individual members. The staff will be happy assist Troop/Crew Leaders in using this tool, but the Tomahawk Troop/Crew Award remains most valuable to the Troop/Crew that uses it as a guide for thieer own Troop/Crew operation.
what are the benefits?
Troops/Crews qualifiying as a Tomahawk Troop/Crew are eligble to wear the Tomahawk Troop/Crew segment (Tipi) and will be able to dsiplay thier Troop/Crew neckerchief in the dinning hall or pgoram building.
What are the requirements?
- The Troop/Crew demonstrates use of the patrol method (campsite arrangement, youth leadership)
- The Troop/Crew does a conseravation or camp project (From the camp's approved list or aprroved by the Camp Director)
- The Troop/Crew conducts a campsite inspection and receives a score of 60 or above (See your Commisioner for Help)
- The Troop Conducts daily flag raisings and lowering in thier campsite
- The Troop/Crew practives Leave No Trace principles
- The Troop/Crew displays reverence by sauing grace at every meal and conducts or attends a religious service or vespers.
- The Troop/Crew conducts one ot more Patrol Leaders' Council Meetings per week.
- Each Scout works on Brownsea, a merit badge or coaches another Scout.
- The Troop/Crew and patrol campsites are visually identified (Flags or Signs)
- The Scouts are genearlly in Scout or Camp uniform (scout uniform for vespers and the evening flag lowering and meal is encouraged).
- The conducts a special group program (hike, canoe trip, pioneering project, etc.)
- The Troop/Crew conducts a Troop/Crew campfire
- The Troop participates in camp-wide programs
- 85% of the Scouts in teh Troop/Crew are in attendance at camp.