Check In (1:00-3:00)
Upon arrival, arrange for you camp coordinator to check-in at the Welcome Center. The rest of the unit can proceed straight down to the campsite with health forms to begin settling up camp for the week. After unloading, the vehicles should be brought to Long Term Parking.
- Establish camp
- Health Check - In accordance with Wisconsin state law, Tomahawk Scout Reservation must retain a copy of health histories for all campers for two years. To be in compliance with this law, it is necessary for all campers and adults to submit a copy of their health form to the health officer. Tomahawk will keep the copy submitted. Records are kept in locked storage and are destroyed after two years.
- Dining Hall Demo (Chippewa Only) - After your commissioner has checked you in, your whole unit will venture to the Dinning Hall for the demo, where you will be assigned tables and review procedures.
- Swim Check - If you are in an A or C Block aquatics merit badge or high adventure and don't have a pre-check, go to the Beach at 4:30 pm for an early swim check.
Dining Shelter Demo (White Pine Only) - Your whole unit should venture to the Dining Shelter for the demo, where you will be assigned tables and review procedures, prior to dinner - this demo will be available to your unit when you have been checked in by your commissioner.
Flag Ceremony (wear class A uniform)
- Chippewa and White Pine - Parade Field
- Sioux - Campsite
- Chippewa - Dining Hall
- White Pine - Dining Shelters
- Sioux - Campsite
Emergency Mobilization Drill
- Chippewa - If you are in Arapahoe, Dakota, Cheyenne, Crow, Pawnee, Santee, or Cherokee, head to the Beach Shelter. If you are in Comanche, Huron, Shoshone, Blackfoot, Winnebago, Choctaw, Fox, or Seneca head to the Blackfoot Shelter.
- Sioux - If you are in Cayuga, Iroquois, Menomonee, Miami, Mohawk, Oneida or Tuscarora, head to the Beach Shelter. if you are in Potawatomi, Sac, Chickasaw, Quapaw, Tonkawa, Mingo, Mohican, or Paiute, head to the Shower Building Shelter.
- White Pine - All campsites will head to the basement of the Program Building.
Leaders Roundtable - The Saturday night Leader Roundtable meeting is the chance to get any unanswered questions addressed before your week starts. We will cover further equipment needs, high adventure sign-ups, and a host of other topics to make sure you start the week prepared. bring to adult leaders and your SPL.
Camp Orientation - The camp orientation will review where everything is and where merit badges will be held. This is when we will discuss the new items at camp and cover all the camp rules. ALL SCOUTS NEED TO ATTEND. This will end at the trading post around the same time as the roundtable ends.
8:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Trading Post and Commissary Open
SPL Meeting - At this meeting SPLs will meet with the Program Director and discuss responsibilities at camp, program information, and end of the week campfire planning. Through participation in the meetings, and other events during the week. SPLs will also have the opportunity to earn public speaking merit badge.