The Counselor in Training (CIT) program at Tomahawk Scout Reservation has been designed to develop the future staff members for Tomahawk and to provide personal development for Scouts.
The program is is three weeks long. In these three weeks CITs will learn first-hand the challenge the fun of being a Tomahawk staff member. CITs have the chance to work on merit badges while assisting the full-time staff in teaching them.
$50 per CIT
2019 Session Dates
| Session 1
||June 16-July 5
| Session 2
||July 7- July 26
| Session 3
||July 28-August 16
Who can be a CIT?
The CIT program is open to all registered Scouts and Venturers who will be at least 15 years old during the summer that they are a CIT. Like camp staff, both young men and women are encouraged to be CITs.
Limited space is still available in both sessions. Interested applicants should fill out the CIT Application.
When are applications reviewed?
Applications and questionnaires submitted prior to February 1st will be reviewed in February, and acceptance letters will be sent out in February. Acceptance letters will provide instructions for how to confirm your registration in the CIT Program.
We will continue to accept applications until all CIT positions have filled.
Where will I sleep?
CIT's sleep in the staff tenting are in a canvas wall tent (9'x7'). They usually share this tent with another CIT. CIT's have a cot to sleep on and a wooden deck floor.
What to do after you get your acceptance letter?
Confirm Your Reservation and Submit Deposit
What to bring?
In addition to the items on the Standard Packing List (See related content) bring these items:
- Sheets, blankets and pillow - you will need the sleeping bag for overnights, but three
weeks in a sleeping bag would not be comfortable.
- Two complete Scout uniforms: two Scout shirts, one pair of long Scout pants (switchback pants are great because they also can be a second pair of shorts), one pair of Scout shorts, Scout belt, 2 pairs of Scout socks, and one neckerchief slide. Tomahawk camp T-shirts and Scout socks can be worn during the day. T-shirts are available for purchase at camp for approximately $12.00 - $15.00. (At least 4 are recommended).
- Two towels for all of the waterfront time.
- Work clothes and gloves.
- One set of casual wear clothes.
- Laundry soap and knowledge of how to run a washing machine.
- Notebook, pens or pencils.
- Wind-up alarm clock and wrist watch.
- Extra spending money.
- Minors night out form (see related content on the right)
- Mosquito netting