Summer Camp Coordinator Position Description
Intent of this description
The description below is intended to assist the Scoutmaster in identifying and explaining the role of a Summer camp Coordinator to themselves or a volunteer taking on this important role.
- Volunteer with Scouting Unit attending Tomahawk Scout Reservation
- Serve as primary coordinator for preparations for units Tomahawk Experience
- Utilizing resources outlines in this online guide, inspire Scouts to attend Tomahawk Scout Reservation
- Recruit Adult Leaders and Parents to serve in support roles such as "merit badge coordinator, older Scout coordinator, carpool coordinator, etc...:"
- Serve as the voice of information from Tomahawk to entire unit
- Ensure unit has safe travel plans to and from Tomahawk, and entire unit is aware of schedule
- Collect necessary documents from scouts, Leaders and Parents
- Register Scouts for programs online through the ScoutingEvent.com site.
- Coordinate with unit treasurer to ensure payments are submitted on time to Tomahawk
- Coordinate collection and distribution of merit badges and awards earned at camp
- Review weekly emails from Tomahawk and share relevant information
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills
- Problem Solving and troubleshooting
- Ability to recruit fellow adult leaders for support
- Responsible and mature
- Strong time management and flexibility
- On average, Summer Camp Coordinators are spending one hour a week on preparations.