Where is Tomahawk?
Tomahawk Scout Camp is located in the northwestern woods of Wisconsin, approximately 30 minutes north of Rice Lake, Wisconsin, on beautiful Long Lake! With just over 3,000 acres and 15 miles of shoreline, Tomahawk is the host to a wide variety of wilderness environments and wildlife.
- 2.5 hours from Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN
- 2 Hours from Duluth, MN
- 4 hours from Madison, WI
- 6 hours from Chicago, IL and Des Moines, IA
Need a Fill-Up?
The nearest gas station is 12 miles away at BP at 203 N Main St, Birchwood, WI 54817.
The nearest charging station are:
- A DC Fast Charging (Level 3) station 20 miles away in Rice Lake at 734 West Avenue, Rice Lake, WI, 54868
- A Level 2 charger 24 miles away at the Barron Electric Cooperative, 1550 Paulson Drive, Spooner, WI, 54801
- There is an additional level 2 charger less than 5 minutes away from this one in Spooner
- A Tesla Level 2 charger 24 miles away at Fred Thomas Resort, 2086 N County Rd F, Birchwood, WI 54817
- There is an additional Level 3 charger past Spooner in Trego
Places to stop on the way
Many Troops/Crews like to stop for lunch on the way to or from Tomahawk. Below are a couple of places around Tomahawk to stop and grab food!
Birchwood, WI: Birchwood is located just twenty minutes southeast of camp and is home to a great pizza place called Paul's Pizza Den. Many groups heading to Snow Base will stop here for dinner!
Rice Lake, WI: Rice Lake is just 30 mile south of Tomahawk and has many different fast food options to chose from. If your group is looking for some good food and pie: check out the Norske Nook!
Trego, WI: Located 30 Minutes North of camp, Trego is right off Highway 53 and has a large rest stop with an attached Subway.
Hayward, WI: Located 40 minutes north of Tomahawk, Hayward is a tourist destination with many fast food places, sit down restaurants, and of course the Lumberjack Hall of Fame.
Barron, WI: Located an hour south of camp off of Highway 8, the town has a Subway and McDonalds.